Tuesday, March 13, 2007

mums with a grudge

Thinking of setting up a new blog, it'll be a web 2 blog which talks about all the different moans I hear from my mum friends. Lately my contemporaries are having very real and frightening money, financial problems mainly because a) we live in London and its very expensive b) their husbands seem to have lost their jobs . Last night I called two close friends and all they did was moan about London, England and trying to raise a family here. It seems almost impossible to raise the kids and find a job that will pay enough to cover childcare, so what are we all meant to do ? I think its a travesty that my well educated, bright, ambitious friends are in such a pickle financially so I wonder I'm sure we're not the only ones finding it hard to make ends meet, raise and family and try, try to enjoy our life a the same time. Surely new Labour was meant to raise the standards in England for all of us? Not sure they have managed this with mums ...? Let me know what you think.
I know we're all meant to be positive at all times but I do think that maybe a blog that allows us all to rant and moan may be quite cathartic .

No comments: